MTS Level 5 - Library Technician - Public Service - Robertson Library
$47,039 to $51,795 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
ASAP to April 30, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Robertson Library is seeking applicants to work with the Access Service’s Circulation Unit to provide front line support on the Service Desk. Reporting to the University Librarian the successful candidate will provide public service for library users and undertake assigned projects. The applicant will be expected to demonstrate good communication ability, sound judgement, flexibility, and initiative.
- Implement library policies
- Assist library users with locating and using library materials, services, and technology (eg. copiers, printers, scanners, common software applications)
- Provide information/reference service in-person, by telephone, and online via the Library’s virtual chat service
- Circulate and check-in library resources, laptops, etc.
- Add and delete reserve material
- Retrieve and shelve library materials
- Help supervise student assistants
- Carry out assigned on desk projects
- A Library Technician Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- At least two years’ experience in an automated library environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Effective technology skills including proficiency with MS Office/Google Workspace applications
- Able to perform bending/lifting tasks, and to safely handle/shelve heavy items
- Able to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as scheduled
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Work experience in a university library
- Experience using social media tools
- Experience editing web content
- An open attitude towards new technology
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.