Student Tutorial Assistants (Up to 2 Positions) - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
$14.50 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
January 4, 2023 – April 13, 2023
The Physics Department seeks applications for student tutorial assistants for the winter 2023 term for PHYS-1120T.
- Acting as a general resource person for students during the tutorial
- Assisting the course instructor with evaluating written work, and
- Other online tutorial duties as assigned by the course instructor
- Enrolled in a program at UPEI
- Applicants will have successfully completed the course for which they are selected to assist in the tutorial, or have relevant alternative experience
- Preference will be given to students taking Physics as their major or minor
- Previous experience as a tutorial assistant is an asset
Applicants will be required to fill out an online form to indicate their time availability at https://forms.gle/TAnA2Bkic1oAM5eG6.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.