Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 4 Positions) - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
As soon as possible – December 31, 2022
Applications are invited from 4th-year students, majoring in Kinesiology, who are interested in assisting in KINE 3430 (Physiological Assessment and Training) laboratories.
- Assisting the instructor with laboratory setup, demonstrations, supporting students while in the laboratory, marking, and other duties as required
- The successful applicants will be required to participate at a minimum, in a weekly lab (4-hour) for the duration of the Fall Semester
- Student assistants will be expected to begin their lab shift half an hour prior to the start of each lab and remain half an hour after completion. Labs sections have been scheduled as follows (please include in your cover letter the laboratory section(s), from the list below, for which you are available):
Tuesday 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Applicants must be a 4th year major in Kinesiology, who have completed KINE 3430 (Physiological Assessment and Training) with high academic standing (minimum 75%) and have excelled in the laboratory component
- They will possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and have knowledge of the laboratory material
- Completion of other laboratory courses such as KINE 3120 (Introduction to Biomechanics), and previous experience in a laboratory setting will be considered assets
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.