Security Attendant - To Create A Casual List - Facilities Management - Security Division
$20.28 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay as per CUPE 501
Casual, as needed
The Department of Facilities Management, Security Services Division is seeking applicants to fill the position of Casual Security Attendant.
- Staffing the Security Services office dispatch desk and NRCC desk
- Assisting in the protection of persons and property in student residences
- Counter and phone reception
- Respond to emergency, maintenance, and a variety of alarm systems
- General key issues
- Lost and found duties
- Provide parking information
- Assist with the investigation of complaints by monitoring the CCTV system and copying files as required by officers
- Be aware of potential illegal activities such as stolen property, underage drinking, theft and building security in residence
- Prepare shift reports and other related duties as required
- Have completed courses in Law and Security, Corrections or possess an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent writing, speaking and computer skills
- Ability to obtain a vulnerability sector check
- Ability to obtain a federal background check
- Be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position
- Knowledge of the UPEI campus would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.