ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - UPEI Health and Wellness Centre
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to November 3, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Health and Wellness Centre is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support to the Health Centre and Adult ADHD program. The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of the Health & Wellness Centre. The nature of this position requires an individual who is efficient in a multi-tasking work environment, has high levels of competencies in office-related computer technologies and all online UPEI systems, an ability to work independently, excellent analytical and planning abilities, strong motivation, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Serving as a member of the Health and Wellness Centre team, working in collaboration with other staff, the campus community, and outside organizations to support students, staff and faculty who come into contact with the Health and Wellness Centre
- Representing the Health and Wellness Centre as the initial point of contact with students, faculty, and staff to provide general information, information on policies and procedures, to schedule appointments and ensure follow-up as required
- Providing reception support to students, faculty, staff and families who visit the Health & Wellness Centre. This includes receiving and distributing incoming mail, and presenting a friendly, professional, empathic attitude and possessing critical thinking skills to meet customer service needs
- Scheduling clinic appointments for the Adult ADHD program and appointments for staff, faculty, students, and families at the Health & Wellness Centre (physician, NP, RN, LPN, etc.)
- Supporting the day-to-day work of the Adult ADHD program including accepting referrals, managing waitlists, establishing and maintaining a well-organized file system for client records
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, charts, spreadsheets, and statistics using software appropriate to the Health and Wellness Centre
- Attending to general accounting duties, including reconciling, and generating reports, preparation of billing including patient and insurance claims, and assisting with monitoring of budgets, including requisitions and other forms to meet operational needs
- Checking and maintaining the required inventory (supplies and equipment) and prepare requisitions and other forms to meet operational needs
- Maintaining discretion, confidentiality, and continuity of service for all clients, and assisting in maintaining positive communications with outside agencies and stakeholders
- Other duties as required to support efficient operation of the Health and Wellness Centre and Adult ADHD program
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in office administration or medical support services program with two years related experience
- A background in Primary Care would be considered an asset
- Knowledge/experience with medical/health terminology is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Moodle, MyUPEI, E-Mail, and other major office-related software including internet searching and data management programs
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Possess intercultural competence and function as an effective member of the team
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.