Assistant Manager - Research - Financial Services
$81,833 to $90,733 per annum
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services, this position is responsible for financial administration of research and project accounts along with management oversight of all external (non-student) accounts receivable. The incumbent will also assist in the management and supervisory duties of the department. The incumbent will perform work that requires complex problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, extensive organizational knowledge, sound judgment and expertise in technical financial concepts.
- Provide leadership and assistance in financial monitoring, budgeting and cash flow development for research and externally funded accounts
- Provide leadership in process management and supervision of regular reconciliation and analysis of research and project accounts
- Maintain close involvement in the analysis and external claims process for high value and complex projects
- Review and ensure financial reports, claims and invoices are prepared and submitted to funding agencies on a timely basis
- Coordinate responses to external audit requests and financial inquiries
- Provide guidance in contract development, including risk assessment, financial planning, payment, and invoicing schedules
- Coordinate effective communication and collaboration with the Office of Research Services (ORS), staff, faculty, project personnel, and external funding agencies
- Manage the overall billing and collection effort of non-student accounts receivables for the organization
- Prepare account receivable performance reports for management
- Guide, coach and supervise the accounts receivable and project staff
- Develop processes to streamline the deposit and billing functions to meet university requirements while implementing best practices. Coordinate activities to ensure effective integration with other revenue generating departments
- Assist the manager in meeting the objectives and targets of the Finance department and various projects
- Provide management oversight of the department in the absence of the manager
- The incumbent will have a professional accounting designation (CPA) with a related university degree
- 3 years related experience
- Demonstrated experience and skills in leadership and supervision
- Experience in accounts receivable management and collections
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, data analysis software and other business software
- Experience working with external funding agencies and/or research project would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.