MTS Level 5 - Accessibility Support Facilitator - Student Affairs *Reposted*
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to June 30, 2023 and September 1st, 2023 - Jan. 31st, 2024 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Department of Student Affairs at UPEI is seeking an Accessibility Support Facilitator. This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the department’s testing and exam accommodation services. The Accessibility Support Facilitator reports to the Manager of Accessibility Services and will be an essential part of the Student Affairs team.
- Coordinating AccessDeck (register all UPEI and AVC students who are registered with Accessibility Services in AccessDeck for testing accommodations)
- Coordinating, scheduling, and administering testing accommodations and exam support services for UPEI and AVC exams
- Scheduling and booking rooms that will accommodate the individual needs of students
- Communicating exam location, time, and accommodations to students and faculty
- Maintaining confidentiality and security of all testing materials
- Ensuring access to exam materials in a timely manner
- Invigilating UPEI and AVC internal exams (may include being on call, evenings and weekends)
- Arranging all accommodations needed for any exam invigilated through Accessibility Services. For example, scribing services, text to speech software, increased time to write exams and low lighting, to name a few.
- Setting up, operating, and providing support for adaptive technology used for students to complete tests and exams
- Providing oversight of academic integrity principles and practices
- Supporting the Manager of Accessibility Services in training, supervision, and scheduling of test proctors, scribes, and readers
- Providing referrals for academic support to students with accessibility needs
- The candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BEd preferred)
- Candidate will have at least 1 year of experience working with students with disabilities
- An understanding of appropriate teaching pedagogies, accommodations and inclusive practices are essential
- Experience using Kurzweil, Dragon Dictate, AccessDeck/Accommodation Software Program, Microsoft Office Suite and PC computer systems are essential
- The successful candidate will exhibit dependability and honesty
- The successful candidate will exhibit excellent organization and time management skills
- Supervisory experience, as well as knowledge of the administration and coordination of exams, is an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.