ADS - Research Coordinator - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
$46,980 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded) (Off Scale)
As soon as possible to January 31, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
As part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare programs, the Health Centred Research Clinic located on the UPEI Campus, is seeking a Kinesiologist to work in our patient-oriented research programs. Specifically, the successful candidate will work directly with individuals in our “Connections program”. The Connections program is geared towards undergraduate students at UPEI who will participate in a 10-week program (1 hour of education with dietitian and health educator and 1 hour of exercise with the new hired kinesiologist per group per week).
In this role, the individual will be involved in planning, implementing, analyzing, and presenting elements of various research projects that are under the auspices of the Health Centred Research Clinic and which includes direct interaction with patient participants.
- Assisting in the delivery of the Connections exercise Program
- Coordinating the scheduling of the program and pre/post assessments administered
- Participating in Community Advisory Board, Steering Committee and Research Team meetings involved in the project
- Conducting reviews of literature for various projects in different areas
- Assisting the team with project development on a variety of topics within the area of patient-oriented research
- Contributing to the writing of scientific research projects for publication
- Communicating with patients and various health professionals, when and where appropriate
- Program evaluation
- Bachelors in Kinesiology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong writing, report creating and data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.