Staffing Assistant - Human Resources Department
$61,535 to $68,224 per annum
The Human Resources Department is seeking an energetic and motivated person to join its team. The Human Resources Department manages a comprehensive range of personnel, labour relations and human resources planning functions within the University. The work environment is high-traffic and fast-paced, and the subject matter is frequently of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Human Resources, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain the HR information system through processing of transactional data
- Prepare letter of offers or contracts for signature
- Maintain relevant spreadsheets
- Respond to queries regarding employment, collective agreements, and similar related topics
- Provide administrative assistance with Faculty Relations functions
- Maintenance of seniority lists
- Assist in the calculation and processing of negotiated contract settlements
- Assist in recruitment and staffing processes as required
- Assist in benefits administration as required
- Participate in on-boarding process for new employees
- Other projects and duties as required by the department
- Completion of a post-secondary program from a recognized educational institution in a related program with a minimum of two years Human Resources experience
- Experience working with HRIS systems, employee benefits and employment contracts would be a definite asset
- Familiarity with the UPEI environment, it’s regulations, policies and working knowledge of UPEI staff and faculty collective agreements would be an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in advanced word processing, electronic information systems, spreadsheet, and presentations applications
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, initiative, and flexibility
- Ability to prioritize and meet various deadlines
- Clear understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with demonstrated proficiency with grammar and composition
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience conducting interviews would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.