NSO Coordinator - Office of Recruitment and First Year Advising - Student Experience Hub
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP to September 29, 2023
The position of New Student Orientation & Grad Week Coordinator is a unique opportunity for two current UPEI students. The successful applicants will be mentored in communications, event planning, leadership, and other critical skills in order to successfully organize and run both the upcoming Grad Week and New Student Orientation programs. We are looking for two individuals who have energy, natural leadership skills and organization skills.
The NSO and Grad Week Coordinators will possess strong experience in campus life at UPEI and have a foundational understanding of the campus contacts and partners who will be engaged during each program.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Coordinate recruitment and training of 70+ Student Leaders and Point People
- Liaise with Health & Safety Office (and Event Approval process)
- Collaborate with Student Assistant, New Student Orientation & Grad Week
- Work jointly with the Department of Recruitment and Advisement and the Department of Student Affairs to develop and deliver the Grad Week and NSO Programs for May 2023 and Fall 2023, respectively.
- Participate as a key member of the NSO Planning Committee
- Facilitate community and business partnerships for each program.
- Utilize various modes of communication, including Facebook, Twitter and the UPEI webpages, to communicate with students and respond to questions and requests
- Maintain statistical data for various aspects of Grad Week and NSO activities and events
- Monitor and maintain a Grad Week and NSO budget
- Work with the Dept. of Recruitment and Advisement and the NSO Planning Committee on various projects related to transitioning students into their first year at UPEI
- Complete 2023 Grad Week & 2023 NSO End Reports
- Other related and administrative duties as required
The following qualifications are required:
- Minimum of 2nd year standing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a leadership role
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with online/virtual communication and program delivery
- Familiarity with computers and social media platforms
- Knowledgeable of UPEI programs, services, and facilities
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Applicants from REQ 121 need not reapply.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Closing date: March 12, 2023 (6:00 pm AST)