MTS Level 6 - Open Educational Resource Coordinator - Department of Biology - Faculty of Science (Grant Funded)
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible to November 30, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Biology Department is seeking applicants to work with the Open Educational Resource (OER) Development Program to create online lab material for students studying human anatomy and histology. The successful candidate will provide support to educators in the creation, adaptation, adoption, and review of open education resources (OERs). The applicant will be expected to demonstrate good communication ability, sound judgment, flexibility, and initiative.
- Meeting with lab coordinator to help reframe and represent course content in new and inventive ways
- Meeting with student hire to implement new curriculum ideas
- Assisting with existing and new histology-based OER creation/adoption through technical and editorial support
- Develop and publish a collection of different digitized specimens from all relevant tissues/organs
- Develop learning tools that relate curricula to aid students in making connections between basic anatomy and clinical applications or between normal morphology and disease states
- Involves self-directed and collaborative work environment
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Must have 1-year lab instructor/ curriculum development experience
- Writing and/or copy-editing, photoshop, photography, and microscopy skills are considered essential
- Intermediate to advanced histology skills is considered essential
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, such as familiarity with basic HTML or WordPress, would be considered an asset
- Competency or the ability to gain competency with training provided, with a variety of online systems, such as WordPress, Pressbooks, Drupal, Latex, or HSP would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.