Mascot "Panther The Pride" (Up to 3 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP to August 31, 2023
The UPEI Athletics and Recreation Department is looking for individuals who are energetic, customer-service and people oriented to take the role of PRIDE THE PANTHER Mascot for the 2022-2023 school year. You will be part of a larger athletics service team that knows how to have fun, works hard, takes pride in their work, and provides great customer service.
- Perform/Act/Dance/Pose as PRIDE THE PANTHER at UPEI Athletics and Recreation events including home varsity games as well as other campus and community events where PRIDE’s presence has been requested as a representative from UPEI
- Be able to perform at both indoor and outdoor events
- Personally interact with Panther fans/students/kids/staff/faculty
- Commit to attending home varsity games and special events on campus to promote school spirit, with a possibility of travelling off-campus for photo opportunities
- Must be a current UPEI Student
- Must have the willingness to represent UPEI Athletics and Recreation and our mission and core values, in a positive, professional manner on and off-campus in a full-body costume and head
- Dependable, enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly and courteous
- Independent and self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and ability to pay attention to detail
- Any experience acting/performing/improvising and the ability to entertain without words will be considered an asset
- Dance ability will also be considered an asset
- Must have a willingness and desire to have fun
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays and nights, and be available for the academic year for all home varsity games
- Having own transportation is considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.