PA Level 8 - Systems Analyst - Robertson Library *Reposted*
$64,793 to $71,253 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Reporting to the Systems Librarian and working as part of the Library team, the Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring the deployment, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software infrastructure managed by the Library within an evolving environment.
The Systems Analyst will contribute to supporting the Library’s hardware infrastructure and applications including but not limited to the integrated library system, the e-resource access and authentication system, digital repository frameworks, and a variety of web applications used by the Library. The Systems Analyst will collaborate with vendor support, UPEI’s Information Technology Systems and Services, and contractors as needed.
- Deploy/configure/maintain/monitor locally hosted and virtual server environments
- Apply patches and security updates to servers/systems as required (primarily Ubuntu/Debian)
- Configure and monitor file and tape backup systems (eg. Bacula, VEEAM)
- Configure and monitor database servers
- Utilize automated monitoring and deployment tools (eg. Nagios, Ansible)
- Create/maintain VHosts and Domains
- Create/maintain SSL certificates for existing and new sites/domains
- Recommend any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful deployments, configuration, or maintenance
- Support deployment and configuration of Library systems and software
- Integrated Library System (eg. Evergreen ILS)
- E-resource access and authentication system (eg. EZproxy)
- Content management systems (eg. Drupal, Wordpress)
- Repository Systems (eg. Islandora)
- Interlibrary Loan System (eg. Relais)
- Databases (eg. MySQL, Postgres)
- Respond to staff support needs
- Liaise with ITSS staff on security, network, and support issues as they arise
- Liaise with vendors and contractors on support related issues
- Create and update local documentation
- May require some off-hours work, due to the nature of the systems that this role is responsible for
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Accessing server rooms on campus external to the library
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience developing, implementing or managing IT systems in the context of libraries (e.g. ILS, digital repositories, content management systems, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience supporting Linux environments
- Experience configuring and using automated monitoring and deployment tools
- Knowledge of configuring and using file backup solutions
- Demonstrated experience managing hardware infrastructure (local servers and virtual)
- Demonstrated experience supporting Cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Perl, Python, PHP, bash) and APIs
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability to work independently or in a team, excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in and strong commitment to outstanding user experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.