Graduate Student Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
$20.20 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP to April 30, 2023
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking applicants for three (3) graduate student assistants. This position reports to the Assistant Professor.
- Research/teaching assistant
- Assisting with research, data collection, literature searches and proofreading
- Supporting professors with managing course material
- Marking on-line assignments utilizing marking template and/or assist professors in proctoring quizzes, exams, and course delivery
- Current enrollment in the graduate nursing program
- Strong clinical and psychomotor skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking ability, initiative, good organizational skills, flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accurately follow instruction and attention to detail are important skills in this position
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.