Student Research Assistants (Up to 2 Positions)- Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – February 28, 2023
Two research assistant positions (up to 10 hr/wk) are available for undergraduate engineering students with an interest in sustainable engineering. The students will work under the supervision of Dr. Grant McSorley and in collaboration co-investigators in the faculties of Sustainable Design Engineering and Business to complete a systematic literature review of sustainable engineering frameworks as well as a study of the sustainability mindsets of undergraduate engineering students. The students will gain experience in interdisciplinary research, sustainable engineering practices and how to conduct a systematic literature review.
- The students will collaborate with other researchers to complete a systematic literature review in the area of sustainable engineering frameworks
- The students will analyze and synthesize the data collected to identify current research trends and identify future opportunities
- The students will assist in developing the research protocol
- The students will conduct surveys of undergraduate engineering students
- The students will write a synthesis of the interview results and identify areas for future research
- The students will assist in the writing of a final report
- Good academic record and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency in interpersonal and written communication is required
- Experience in the area of sustainable engineering is required
- Previous research experience is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.