Student Research Assistant - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
As soon as possible to September 2, 2022
$13.70 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
The Department of Physics seeks applications for a Student Research Assistant to help adapt an open-source textbook, University Physics, for use in PHYS1110 and PHYS1120 for the 2022/23 academic year.
- Revise, edit, and remove content to align with the desired course content and objectives of the two courses
- Add new content from other open courses, including videos, links to physics simulations and additional worked out example problems
- Upload and test the newly adapted open-source textbook in Moodle
- Applicants must be enrolled in a physics program
- Applicants must have successfully completed PHYS1110 and PHYS1120 or have alternative and equivalent relevant experience
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.