ADS Level 4 - Administrative Assistant - Bookstore - Ancillary Services
$40,855 to $44,925 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Ancillary Services at the University of Prince Edward Island includes Residence Services, Food Services, the Bookstore, Conference Services and more. We are seeking a strong candidate to fill an Administrative Support position in the Bookstore. The University of Prince Edward Island Bookstore is home to the required books for classes (including text, reference, and trade books), UPEI and AVC branded clothing and giftware, office and school supplies, computer software and peripherals, various sundry items, and more.
Reporting to the Director of Ancillary Services, this Administrative Support position will be:
- Submitting orders for textbooks, clothing, giftware, and special orders
- Responsible for maintaining products listed on the Bookstore’s e-Commerce site and the Bookstore’s social media accounts
- Working with two additional full-time staff and approximately 10 student employees
- Interacting with members of the university community, establishing, and maintaining effective relationships and communication regarding services and policies
- Together with the bookstore team, this individual will be ensuring exceptional customer service delivery throughout all aspects the operation, with optimum effectiveness and efficiency
- The successful candidate has completed Grade 12 and will have an Administrative Assistant Program with related experience or a combination of education and experience
- Experience in ordering textbooks, clothing, supplies, working with Bookware POS and Inventory Management System would be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience using social media for promotional purposes
- Must be professional, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and be able to work with individuals at all levels
- Must have good attention to detail, and a solid focus on customer service
- Prior employment experience in a university bookstore will be considered a strong asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.