Program Officer - Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
As soon as possible until December 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development is seeking a Program Officer to provide operational support and oversight of a suite of continuing education/professional development certificate programs and courses. This position will work closely with the Program Manager in supporting the ongoing development and administration of the strategic recruitment of students and clients to UPEI’s Professional Development Program.
- Develop, plan and execute adult student recruitment initiatives and events
- Support the development of the strategic approach for recruiting and cultivating students/clients to UPEI
- Represent the program at marketing functions, deliver presentations and serve as one of the primary points of contact for clients, instructors etc.
- Develop, foster and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, students, instructors etc.
- Research alternative revenue streams including contract proposals, new partnerships, and grants
- Actively participate in identifying and prospecting opportunities for continuing education/professional development programs/courses
- Work with content experts to develop new programming
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, create an array of publications, brochures, and other marketing material, ensuring program information and the respective website is accurate and up-to-date
- Draft proposals in response to client enquiries for customized training and requests for proposals and assist in the planning, development and implementation of new projects
- In consultation with the Program Manager, establish and maintain the budget for continuing education and professional development programming, ensuring instructor contracts are executed
- Establish measurement and tracking mechanisms to support program evaluation
- Advise program participants on paths to completion, interpretation of completion criteria and assessing outside courses for credit
- Locate and negotiate training facilities; and the procurement of food services (on UPEI Campus and externally) - visit sites to inspect facilities & ensure barrier free environments
- Work with Comptroller’s Risk Management Office in the development of “fee-for-service” contracts for the development and delivery of adult learning programs and activities
- Support the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures for effective and efficient management of the Professional Development unit (i.e. transfer / collection / attendance / cancellation / payment arrangements / hospitality / etc.)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a combined minimum of two-year (2) years of experience planning, organizing, leading administrative services operations (this could include but is not limited to: planning, administering & maintaining budgets; preparing reports; etc.)
- Strong written & oral communication skills; the covering letter and resume will be used to assess written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of various forms of technology; extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products including advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse and busy (high-volume) client service environment
- Ability to successfully advance multiple competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.