ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support. The successful applicant will report directly to the Dean and will provide administrative support to the Faculty of Nursing undergraduate and graduate programs in an efficient and timely manner. This is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks.
The Faculty of Nursing offers a four-year BScN, a 23-month Accelerated BScN undergraduate program, and a Master of Nursing degree program. Our graduates leave with knowledge, skills, and competencies to be successful in the health care environment and leadership in the community.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the Faculty of Nursing
- Represent the Faculty of Nursing as the initial point of personal and exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail with the students, public, faculty, staff, and community organizations
- Support students in having the best positive learning and University experience, particularly the first-year students as they transition into the program and campus
- Respond to student inquiries regarding admissions information and criteria such as immunization record, criminal record check, etc. in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with the Registrar’s Office, Accounting, and other university departments
- Ensure directives from UPEI and Chief Public Health Office health and safety policies and procedures are followed by faculty, staff, students, and guests to the Faculty of Nursing
- Support complexities of processes such as student and instructor evaluations and student pre-requisite requirement submissions
- Provide administrative support to the Coordinator of Strategic Planning for the Faculty of Nursing while preparing significant reports
- Extensive administrative duties will be required to support the Clinical and International Coordinator including meetings, agreements, Computerized Information System (CIS) access and training sessions and supporting students
- Administrative support for the Master of Nursing Coordinator including but not limited to; organizing meetings and minutes, support for student applicants and current students, updating the MN Handbook etc.
- Maintain and organize student files including pre-requisite immunizations and up to date information
- Compose, type, photocopy and collate a wide range of documents and correspondence, compile and organize information for reports
- Create and prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, assemble, and distribute materials and track action items
- Provide support and work in collaboration with the two (2) Administrative Assistants in the Faculty of Nursing
- Assist in building and cultivating relationships with students, community members and organizations
- Ensure sensitive and confidential information is maintained in a professional manner
- Other duties as may be required
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, preferably in a University environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience and use of computers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, MyUPEI and internet
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate. Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to function as a member of a team in a busy academic department
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Intercultural competence and function as an effective member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with people including conflict management skills
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.