MTS Level 6 - Laboratory Instructor - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
$27.84 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to December 18, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Physics of the University of Prince Edward Island has an opening for a Laboratory Instructor to be responsible for one lab sections of Physics 1210 (Physics for Life Sciences I) during the Fall Semester.
• Setting up Physics 1210 experiments for the Tuesday evening labs
• Running the Physics 1210 laboratories and assisting students
• Coordinating Moodle-based pre- and post-lab activities
• Other duties as assigned by the course instructor
• B.Sc. in Physics, with a strong background in instructing introductory physics
• Experience instructing physics laboratories
• Experience evaluating physics laboratory reports
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.