Student Assistants - Recital Hall (Up to 3 Positions) - Department of Music - Faculty of Arts
$13.70 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
September 7, 2022 to April 30, 2023
The Music department is looking to hire a Student Assistant for the Recital Hall to assist with the management of recitals given in the Dr. Steel Recital Hall during the 2022/2023 academic year.
- To assist with the management of recitals given in the Dr. Steel Recital Hall.
- Moving equipment, operating the house lights, and operating the stage lighting
- Preparing the hall and the stage for performances
- Assisting performers as a stagehand during performances
- Helping to tidy up and close the hall after performances are done
- Students must be music majors
- Preference will be given to senior students
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.