Marketing Projects Student Assistant - Faculty of Business
June 2018 – August 30, 2018
The Faculty of Business is seeking a student to assist in the creation of the Faculty of Business Magazine, Engage, and to work on a marketing project for the 50th anniversary of UPEI.
• Copy editing for all articles
• Writing up to five articles
• Managing article submissions
• Managing ad sales
• Consulting on magazine design with the editor and designer
UPEI 50th Anniversary Project:
• Creating a short publication of business graduate stories for UPEI 50th Anniversary
• Identifying, contacting, and following-up with representatives from each graduating year
• Compiling and editing the narratives provided by the representatives
• Collecting photos of representatives
• Selecting a few graduates and writing a "feature" article about them
• Excellent communication skills (email, phone, in-person)
• Organization skills (keeping track of articles, narratives)
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• An aesthetic sense
• Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.