Student Lab/Tutorial Leaders (Up to 10 Positions) - Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
$12.25 per hour (plus 4% vacation)
Fall Semester 2019, with possible extension to Winter Semester 2020
The Psychology Department is seeking applications for the positions of student lab/tutorial leaders for the Statistics and Research Design I and II (Psychology 2780 and 2790).
- Attending training and orientation sessions
- Working alone or in pairs, with another student leader, to lead weekly lab sessions in Psychology 2780 AND 2790, Statistics and Research Design I and II; each leader, or pair of leaders, will normally be responsible for two lab sections (of up to 10 students each) per week
- Initial review of and feedback on student assignments and reports
- Ongoing communication with lab coordinator
- Applicants will have successfully completed Psychology 2780 and 2790, and ideally will have completed Psychology 3710 (Advanced Statistics) and/or 3740 (Advanced Qualitative Methods)
- Experience with SPSS would be an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills are expected
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliability and dependability are a must
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.