ADS Level 4 - Shipping and Receiving Clerk - UPEI Bookstore - Ancillary Services
$40,855 to $44,925 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Ancillary Services at the University of Prince Edward Island includes Residence Services, Food Services, the Bookstore, Conference Services and more. We are seeking a strong candidate to fill a Shipping and Receiving Clerk position in the Bookstore. The University of Prince Edward Island Bookstore is home to the required books for classes (including text, reference, and trade books), UPEI and AVC branded clothing and giftware, office and school supplies, computer software and peripherals, various sundry items, and more.
- Reporting to the Director of Ancillary Services, this position will be the main contact for shipping and receiving all orders of textbooks, clothing, giftware, and special orders for the Bookstore
- The individual will be working with two additional full-time staff and approximately 10 student employees
- Will interact with members of the university community, establishing and maintaining effective relationships and communication regarding services and policies
- Together with the bookstore team, this individual will ensure exceptional customer service delivery throughout all aspects the operation, with optimum effectiveness and efficiency
- The successful candidate will have completed Grade 12 and will have related experience or a combination of education and experience
- Experience in receiving, shipping, and working with Bookware’s POS and Inventory Management System would be considered an asset
- The individual must be professional, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and be able to work with individuals at all levels
- The individual must have good attention to detail, and a solid focus on customer service
- Prior employment experience in a university bookstore will be considered a strong asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.