ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - UPEI School of Climate Change and Adaptation - Faculty of Science
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible for one (1) Year term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI School of Climate Change & Adaptation is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the UPEI School of Climate Change & Adaptation and the UPEI Climate Lab. This is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks.
- Provide first point of contact for inquiries to the Associate Dean
- Provide general administrative support to the Associate Dean, including financial, personnel, and administrative functions
- Coordinate the Associate Dean’s calendar by arranging appointments, meetings, and travel
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents
- Compose e-Newsletters and manage social media accounts
- Update and maintain the class directories and student email distribution lists for programs
- Coordinate, attend, and record minutes for the meetings
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of the budget and perform general accounting duties
- Update and maintain the program websites
- Support the coordination of classes, special events, and meetings including scheduling, booking space and catering
- Assist with the development and up keep of promotional materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements for instructors and guest speakers
- Respond to general inquiries
- Maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system
- Compile faculty and course evaluations
- Liaise with the Registrar’s Office, Accounting, and other university departments
- Assist with coordination of associated Research Projects
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation required plus a minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a university environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and use of computers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Chimp and internet
- Familiarity with the following UPEI specific programs would be an asset: myUPEI, Colleague, 25 Live
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to function as an effective team member in a busy academic department
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills
- Must be adaptable and flexible within a variety of situations
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.