Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 21 Positions) - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
Student 2022 to April 2023
The Chemistry Department seeks applications for student assistants in First Year Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry laboratories for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Lab assistants will:
- Act as resource for students during the lab
- Monitoring student operations in conducting experiments
- Ensuring chemicals, solutions and equipment are used in the laboratory safely and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Applicants must have successfully completed the course for which they are selected to assist in the lab, or have alternative and equivalent relevant experience
- Students hired will be required to successfully complete an on-line WHMIS course and attend a mandatory Site Safety Training session prior to the first lab session
Only applicants who clearly state they are available afternoons and evenings will be considered. (Please indicate hours available to work, both afternoons and evenings. Include current phone number and e-mail address.) Applicants wanting to be considered for second term only must apply now and indicate this on their application.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.