MTS Level 3 - Summer Housekeeping Supervisor (2 Positions) - Ancillary Services *Reposted*
$42,928 to $47,176 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Ancillary Services at the University of Prince Edward Island is comprised of Residence Services, Food Services, the Bookstore, Conference Services and more. We are seeking two strong candidates to fill the positions of Summer Housekeeping Supervisors within the Conference Services unit.
Conference Services provides a diverse range of products and services to both on and off campus clients, including individual and group accommodations in the three university residences during the spring and summer months of May through August. We host thousands of guests during this time frame, including conference guests, those attending sporting events, general tourists and more.
Reporting to the Manager of Conference Services, the Summer Housekeeping Supervisors will play a critical role in overseeing the student housekeeping support service required for summer accommodations. Duties will include:
- Coordinating the arrival and departure schedules to ensure rooms are cleaned and prepared appropriately
- Coordinating the laundry room to ensure that the linen inventory is cleaned and managed appropriately for varying arrivals and departures, and that supplies are properly stored and maintained
- Providing immediate supervision to up to 30 student housekeepers, including scheduling, delegating tasks, assigning daily work, approving payroll submissions, and more
- Ensuring that cleaning standards are met on an ongoing basis to achieve maximum guest satisfaction as it relates to the housekeeping operation
- Working directly with the student team in a “hands-on” fashion to personally prepare rooms and linen and share the overall workload
- Using the computerized booking program to update and maintain status of rooms, run arrival and departure reports, etc.
- Working in strong cooperation with the Front Desk Supervisor and ensuring that an excellent line of communication is maintained between the two areas
This will be a demanding role that requires a strong ability to multi-task, balance competing priorities, and demonstrate strong initiative. The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 plus sufficient physical and manual capabilities to perform the work
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high level of energy and demonstrated initiative
- A passion for customer service and an understanding of how housekeeping service supports the overall mission and customer satisfaction
- A background in and good understanding of housekeeping operations within a university accommodation setting
- Knowledge of the UPEI campus and residence buildings
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience with online payroll, accounting, and procurement software/systems
- Knowledge of School Dude maintenance software
- Knowledge of Kx accommodation management software
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applicants from Competition #78E22 need not reapply.