PA Level 6 - Client Solutions Service Desk Technician - Information Technology Systems and Services
$49,047 to $53,962 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until April 2021 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
- Providing excellent customer service as a member our IT service desk
- Diagnose and correct a wide variety of software, hardware, and network problems
- Triage requests and assign work orders/tickets to the appropriate technical support person(s)
- Document work performed using established departmental methods
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through active listening skills and leading by serving
- Recommend appropriate IT solutions to stakeholders as needed including classroom/conference room audio visual and multimedia solutions
- Experience supporting enterprise IT systems in a large scale environment
- Installation, configuration, and use of computer hardware and peripherals and AV technologies
- All current versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple IOS
- Experience with the latest audio/visual technology and converging technologies
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.