ADS Level 6 - Homestay and International Program Coordinator - Work Integrated Learning / English Language Centre
$54,497 to $59,958 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to August 19, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
As a member of the English Language Centre team, the Homestay & International Programs Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of UPEI’s Homestay Program. In association with local host families, the program provides a safe home environment to support the successful transition to university life for both domestic and international students. Working together with the International Student Office, EAP and Student Affairs, the Coordinator designs and implements cultural and social programming to support student engagement and success.
- Administer the homestay family program including:
recruiting and selecting new homestay families;
maintaining positive host family relationships;
maintaining the host family database;
administration of placement fees and host family placement
developing and maintaining effective channels of communication
- Act as liaison between students and host families to maintain Homestay regulations and assist in conflict resolution
- Act as liaison between students and other UPEI student support professionals
- Act as primary liaison with UPEI Risk Management team
- Mentor and support students to establish social networks, engage in campus and community life; design and support other such retention initiatives
- Plan and implement activities and programs in coordination with other student supports on campus, such as the Buddy Program, Student Union, Campus Life and International Student Advisors
- Assist in marketing programs nationally and internationally via website and social media
- Respond to requests for information
- Prepare and conduct satisfaction surveys
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or a counseling related diploma with significant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of student development theory
- Excellent intercultural communication skills; experience with working with other cultures
- Excellent organizational strategies, interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills, spread sheets, and use of social media
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and with all levels of university personnel
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.