Student Research Assistants (Up to 2 Positions) - School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences - Faculty of Science
June 15 – August 31, 2018
The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences, UPEI, is seeking to hire one full-time student or two part-time students to assist in extending LISA programming language, under the supervision of Dr. Cezar Campeanu.
- Carrying out tests for various operations on strings and languages
- Expanding miniGrail/Grail+/LISA to support more functions
- Updating LISA to accept designated back-end engines, including miniGrail
- Analyzing group properties
- The successful candidate will be highly organized
- A full-time student with an exceptional background in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Math and Computer Science students with a good background in C++ and Abstract Algebra will be given priority
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.