Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 22 Positions) - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
$12.25 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
September, 2019 to April, 2020
The Chemistry Department seeks applications for student assistants in First Year Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry laboratories for the 2019 -2020 Academic Year. Please note that assistants for both the fall and winter semester will be chosen from this competition.
Lab assistants will be:
- Acting as resource person for students during the lab.
- Monitoring student operations in conducting experiments.
- Ensuring chemicals, solutions and equipment are used in the laboratory safely and
- Following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applicants will have successfully completed the course for which they are selected to assist in the lab, or have alternative relevant experience.
- Students hired will be required to successfully complete an on-line WHMIS course and attend a mandatory Site Safety Training session prior to the first lab session.
Only applicants who clearly state they are available afternoons and evenings will be considered. (Please indicate hours available to work, both afternoons and evenings. Include current phone number and e-mail address.) Applicants wanting to be considered for second term only must apply now and indicate this on their application.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.