Student Research Assistant - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
May 21 – August 20, 2018
A summer student research assistant position is available in the Department of Chemistry at UPEI. The position is for three months from May 21, 2018 – August 20, 2018.
- Expected to explore the existing literature on the given research topic
- Will perform independent experiments, will analyze and document data
- Will write a report at the end of the work term summarizing the experimental details and results obtained during the work term
- Good knowledge of chemical techniques, such as UV spectrum, NMR, and column chromatography
- Ability to work in research oriented and focused environment
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.