Casual MTS Level 8 - EAP Instructors - Experiential Education and English Language Centre - Student Experience Hub (To Create a Casual List)
$33.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, as per CUPE 1870
UPEI’s Experiential Education & English Language Centre is seeking qualified individuals to teach in its short-term customized programs during the 2022 spring and summer sessions. Information about all English language programs is available at https://www.upei.ca/english-language-centre/
- Teaching academic English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening) from high beginner to advanced proficiency level
- Late afternoon or evening teaching required for some courses
- Formative and summative assessment
- Curriculum development & lesson planning
- Participation in staff meetings
- Holding office hours to provide student assistance and feedback
- Participation and organization of extra-curricular activities
- Facilitation of some special events and/or workshops
- Upholding the policies and regulations of the UPEI English Language Centre programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Bachelor of Education
- Master’s degree in Education, Teaching English as a Second Language, or a related field
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Teaching experience in ESL/EAP programming (oral communications, reading comprehension, writing)
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written English proficiency
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.