ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - UPEI Health & Wellness Centre and Doctor of Psychology Program
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible for One (1) Year Term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Health and Wellness Centre and Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support. The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of the Health & Wellness Centre as well as the PsyD Director of Clinical Training to provide administrative support to both programs. The nature of this position requires an individual who is efficient in a multi-tasking work environment, has high levels of competencies in office-related computer technologies and all online UPEI systems, an ability to work independently, excellent analytical and planning abilities, strong motivation and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Serving as a member of the Health and Wellness Centre and PsyD teams, working in collaboration with other staff, the campus community and outside organizations to support students, staff and faculty who come into contact with the Health and Wellness Centre and PsyD program
- Representing the Health and Wellness Centre and the PsyD program as the initial point of contact with students, faculty and staff to provide general information, information on policies and procedures, to schedule appointments and ensure follow-up as required
- Providing reception support to students, faculty, staff and families who visit the Health & Wellness Centre/PsyD programs. This includes receiving and distributing incoming mail, and presenting a friendly, professional, empathic attitude and possessing critical thinking skills to meet customer service needs
- Scheduling clinic appointments for students in the PsyD program, and appointments for staff, faculty, students and families at the Health & Wellness Centre (physician, NP, RN, LPN, etc.)
- Supporting the day to day work of clinical psychology staff in the Psychology Training Clinic including accepting referrals, managing waitlists, establishing and maintaining a well-organized file system for client and graduate student records, coordinating student access to the test library, scheduling in all intervention and outreach rooms, and completing brief client telephone screenings
- Preparing agendas, minutes, and other meeting materials
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, charts, spreadsheets, and statistics using software appropriate to the Health and Wellness Centre and the PsyD program
- Attending to general accounting duties, including reconciling and generating reports, preparation of billing including patient and insurance claims, and assisting with monitoring of budgets, including requisitions and other forms to meet operational needs
- Checking and maintaining the required inventory (supplies and equipment) and prepare requisitions and other forms to meet operational needs
- Maintaining discretion, confidentiality and continuity of service for all clients, and assisting in maintaining positive communications with outside agencies and stakeholders
- Other duties as required to support efficient operation of the Health and Wellness Centre and PsyD program
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in office administration or medical support services program with two years related experience. Knowledge/experience with medical/health terminology is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Moodle, MyUPEI, E-Mail, and other major office-related software including internet searching and data management programs.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Possess intercultural competence and function as an effective member of the team
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.