MTS Level 7 - Biology Lab Coordinator - Department of Biology - Faculty of Science
$51,813 to $56,957 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
August 19, 2019 to April 19, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Biology of the University of Prince Edward Island has an opening for a laboratory coordinator to be responsible for labs in third year core courses: Biology 3260 (Introductory Physiology of Cells and Organisms) during the Fall Semester; Biology 3310 (Research Methods and Communications in Biology) during the Fall Semester; and Biology 3520 (Molecular Biology Research Techniques) during the Winter Semester.
- Setting up and then attending Physiology laboratories and assisting students with technical parts of labs, performing data analysis, and writing reports; assisting the course instructor with evaluating assignments
- Attending Research Methods laboratories, providing direct feedback on lab assignments, and assisting the course instructor with evaluating assignments
- Setting up and then attending Molecular Techniques laboratories and assisting students with technical parts of labs
- Other duties as assigned by the course instructors or Biology Department Chair
- B.Sc. in Biology, with a strong background in physiology and molecular biology
- M.Sc. would be a definite asset
- Good scientific communication skills
- Good data/statistical analysis skills
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience instructing and coordinating Biology labs
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.