Service Workers (3 Positions) - Department of Facilities Management
$41,926 per annum, as per IBEW 1928
The Department of Facilities Management is seeking applicants for two full-time permanent Service Workers. Employees in this class work under the direct supervision of the Cleaning Foreman in the care and maintenance of buildings and related areas.
- Cleaning and housekeeping of various buildings
- Moving heavy furniture and equipment
- Stripping, waxing & spray buffing floors
- Vacuuming & shampooing carpets
- Cleaning & disinfecting washrooms
- Operating industrial cleaning equipment, and sanitary supplies
- Removing snow and debris from around entrances
- Reporting damages to supervisor
- Pick up and remove waste
- Other tasks as may be required from time to time to improve the condition and appearance of the University
- Any other such duties indicated by the supervisor
- Grade 12 plus sufficient physical and manual capabilities to perform the work
- Minimum two years current cleaning experience
- Experience in the operation of industrial type cleaning equipment would be considered an asset
- May be required to obtain Federal Government security clearance
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.