Security Police Officer - Security Division - Department of Facilities Management
$45,003 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 501
Facilities Management Security Services Division is accepting applications to hire a permanent Security Police Officer.
• Perform duties as they relate to the security of persons and property of the University of Prince Edward Island
• To exercise the authority vested in law to protect the rights of the University and it's community
• Enforce University policies, Provincial codes, acts and by-laws, Investigation of Criminal Code offences
• Preparation of documents
• Respond to calls for assistance
• Serve the University community and other duties as required
• Graduate of the Atlantic Justice Institute Police Technology Training Program or a graduate of a comparable Police Science course recognized by the Attorney General of Prince Edward Island or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Must be currently sworn in or immediately eligible for appointment as a Provincial Security Police Officer under the PEI Police Act
• Excellent writing, speaking and computer skills
• Federal Government and all applicable security clearance will be required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.