ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Faculty of Business
$47,039 to $51,795 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
April 2022 to May 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Faculty of Business (FoB) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the FoB and to the graduate programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Graduate Studies Program Manager and the FoB administrative team. This position is also responsible for all social media activities for the FoB.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents
- Provide general office duties
- Answer telephone, email, and direct walk-in inquiries
- Compose e-Newsletters
- Update and maintain the graduate class directories and student email distribution lists
- Coordinate, attend, and record minutes for the Graduate Studies Committee meetings
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of the budget and perform general accounting duties
- Update and maintain the program websites
- Book rooms for students, faculty, and staff
- Support the coordination of classes, special events, and meetings including scheduling, booking space and catering
- Monitor the EMBA/MBA application process and tracking system, including receiving applications, distributing applications to the Admissions Committee, tracking applications, and issuing admission memos.
- Assist with the development and upkeep of promotional materials
- Assist with the preparation of forms for calendar, program, and course changes
- Coordinate textbook orders for the EMBA program through the Bookstore
- Coordinate travel arrangements for instructors and guest speakers
- Maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system
- Liaise with the Registrar’s Office, Accounting, and other university departments
- Assist with the development of course timetable
- Assist with the hiring process for students, faculty, and sessional instructors
- Prepare contracts for sessional instructors
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment
- Monitor and schedule the maintenance of general office equipment
- Submit and follow up on maintenance requests
- Coordinate and distribute student evaluations of teaching surveys
- Ensure course outlines are submitted for all courses
- Monitor, publish and coordinate on all social media platforms for the FoB
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a university environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and use of computers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Chimp and internet. Familiarity with the following UPEI specific programs would be an asset: MyUPEI, Colleague, 25 Live
- Demonstrated knowledge and confidence using social media platforms
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to function as an effective team member in a busy academic department
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in a variety of situations
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.