Student Assistant - Office of the Vice-President Academic and Research
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
June 6, 2022 to August 26, 2022
The Office of the Vice-President Academic and Research is looking for a Student Assistant to join our team for the summer. The Student Assistant will help primarily with organizing a digital filing system, helping to establish a calendar that supports various timelines related to a large institutional initiative, and updating a project-related spreadsheet.
The Office of the Vice-President Academic and Research is committed to helping our summer student develop and be a part of experiences that contribute to their learning and overall potential. The Student Assistant will work primarily with the Director of Strategic Planning and the Administrative Assistant to the Vice-President.
- Assist in organizing a digital filing system for an institutional priority initiative and ensure related files are up-to-date and complete
- Establish a shared calendar of dates related to the project files and their carry forward deadlines
- Develop a spreadsheet of project files, their status, and future deadlines
- Must be enrolled at UPEI
- Have a strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills with a talent for building digital directories, folders and files in a user-friendly manner
- Be able to work as a part of a team and, with guidance, complete some work independently
- Experience with MS Office Suite with strong competencies in Word and Excel
- Experience in working with shared files
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.