Student Assistant - Quality Intern - Research Services - Office of Academic and Research
ASAP – 8 week term
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
This position is being funded through the Federal Government's Canada Summer Jobs Program. Eligibility criteria is set by the program.
Under the mentorship of the Manager of Research Services at UPEI, the Research Services Quality Intern will be responsible to identify and address items related to quality within the data repository for UPEI Research Services
- Generate quality reports in the areas of Grants and Contracts
- Ensure active files are up to date within the database and purge box paper-based files based on data retention guidelines
- Review sponsor information to remove duplicates and streamline information
- Process research requests and route data for review
- Coordinate team meetings, as necessary
- Review and update internal process documentation to improve process quality
- Student must be currently enrolled in Post-Secondary education
- Student should have strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Student must have experience with MS Office Suite
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Summer Jobs:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.