Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – May 30, 2022
The Faculty for Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applications for one (1) temporary student research assistant position. This position is required to work in the lab under the direction of Dr. Bressan, Assistant Professor, to design a pulse oximeter sensor.
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model
- Analyzes and interprets test data
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance
- Students must be proficient at basic computer programming, background research, technical communication, and creative problem solving
- Successful candidates will have an aptitude in some of the following areas: hands-on building, experimentation, logic, analyzing Information, software algorithm design, software performance tuning, attention to detail, software design, software debugging, software development fundamentals
- Additional requirements include good academic standing, competence in both self-directed and team environments, and motivation for tackling new challenges
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.