Assistant Manager - Residence Life - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
Commensurate with qualifications. Compensation is comprised of salary, accommodations, meal allowance and parking.
Five (5) Year renewable term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Ancillary Services at UPEI is committed to offering a work environment that is dedicated to customer service through a team approach. Developing a strong residence program, conference operation and to fulfilling the mission of building a safe and supportive living and learning environment that facilitates academic success, social interaction and personal growth. UPEI residences consist of approximately 440 students in the academic year and approximately 584 conference beds in the summer months, in three distinct accommodation facilities.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager - Residence Life (AMRL) to help us fulfill our mission and to assist in offering support services to both our students and conference guests. Reporting to the Director, Ancillary Services and working closely with the staff in Ancillary Services, the AMRL will play a critical and diverse role in the entire experience for students and guests. This will be from application and assignments to maximizing student satisfaction.
• Coordinate and facilitate the student housing application and assignment process
• Complete daily operational activities as they relate to general inquires, residence services, student support, CampusCard activities, maintenance inquires and follow-up, data collection, reporting and record keeping
• Reassigning students to new rooms based on departmental processes and procedures.
• Guide and support the Resident Life Advisor (RLA) team (16 live-in student staff members). This includes the selection, training, development and supervision of both individual RLAs and the entire RLA team.
• Coordinate and facilitate the Residence Life program.
• As a member of the Ancillary Service’s on-call team, act as first responder to issues related to student conduct and guest support, crisis intervention, and emergency situations
• Work with other key units on campus (such as Registrar's Office, Accounting, Student Affairs, Facilities Management, etc...) to promote student success and excellent customer service
• Coordinate and deliver communications relates to Residence Services
The Assistant Manager – Residence Life is required to live in residence and will be assigned to a private apartment in Blanchard Hall. Due to the nature of the position, irregular working hours should be expected, along with some restrictions on vacation periods, outside employment and other extra-curricular activities. The AMRL will be part of an on-call schedule providing 24/7 support to members of the residence community.
• Undergraduate degree
• Proven understanding of, and commitment to, the residence life experience and a living and learning model for student success
• Solid background and experience working in a residence environment, with the ability to demonstrate progressive residence service experiences and leadership
• Experience with the residence/housing application and assignment process
• Sound knowledge and experience using eRezLife Student Housing Software
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Including proficiency using multiple software programs and social media
• Ability to collect, coordinate and report on residence data
• Demonstrated decision making skills and sound judgment, along with strong conflict management and crisis management skills
• Mental Health First Aid and ASIST Training is considered an asset
• Proven ability to lead and be part of a highly effective team, demonstrate initiative and contribute to overall success of UPEI’s Ancillary operation
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.