Preschool Head Counsellor - Panther Academy - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
June 15, 2022 – September 5, 2022
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires a Head Counsellor for the Panther Academy Summer Camps to be responsible for and lead all Preschool camp offerings.
Under the guidance of the Coordinator of Sales & Panther Academy, the successful candidate will:
- Develop the Preschool camps curriculum; provide mentoring to new staff and support during staff training
- Conduct themselves and their work in an enjoyable, presentable and professional manner
- The successful candidate will have effective behavioral skills and be prepared to deal with various behavioral issues
- Perform duties without direct supervision
- Be responsible for submitting daily reports to the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy and performing other duties as required.
- Background working with Preschool aged children would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with children or working in a camp setting
- Developing or leading educational or sport programming for children and knowledge of gym/outdoor games and activities
- Ability to communicate and be assertive
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly, and courteous personality; ability to relate positively to staff, campers, and parents; adapt easily to unexpected circumstances and additional duties
- At least one year of post-secondary education is required along with a Criminal Record Check upon hiring
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.