ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Graduate Studies - Faculty of Business
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible for one (1) year term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Faculty of Business is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the Executive MBA (EMBA) and MBA in Global Leadership (MBA) programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Graduate Studies Program Coordinator in support of the two graduate programs. This is a twelve month contract with the option of renewal beyond this time.
• Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents
• Compose e-Newsletters and manage social media accounts
• Update and maintain the graduate class directories and student email distribution lists for both programs.
• Coordinate, attend, and record minutes for the Graduate Studies Committee meetings
• Assist in the administration and monitoring of the budget and perform general accounting duties
• Update and maintain the program websites
• Develop and coordinate the EMBA/MBA application process and tracking system, including receiving applications, distributing applications to the Admissions Committees, tracking applications, issuing admission memos
• Support the coordination of classes, special events, and meetings including scheduling, booking space and catering
• Assist with the development and up keep of promotional materials
• Coordinate textbook orders for the EMBA program through the Bookstore
• Coordinate travel arrangements for instructors and guest speakers
• Respond to general inquiries about the two MBA programs
• Maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system
• Compile faculty and course evaluations
• Liaise with the Registrar’s Office, Accounting, and other university departments
• Prepare contracts for sessional instructors
• Coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment
• Other duties as required
Successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a university environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience and use of computers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Chimp and internet.
• Familiarity with the following UPEI specific programs would be an asset: myUPEI, Colleague, 25 Live
• The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate
• Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to function as an effective team member in a busy academic department
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills
• Must be adaptable and flexible within a variety of situations
• Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.