Casual Student Assistants (Up to 10 Positions) - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
$13.00 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
April, 2021 – March 31, 2022
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital is seeking applications from interested DVM students to work on a casual as needed basis.
Duties will vary among the different services. The basic duties for all clinical positions will include:
- Providing nursing care
- Ensuring that all treatments and diagnostic procedures are carried out
- Maintaining records
- Critical care duty in ICU and large animal hospital
- Providing vacation relief for AHT’s and providing emergency assistance to veterinarians after hours
- Assisting in admission and discharge of animals
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the VTH
- Client Services position duties will include all aspects of reception, admitting, schedule, invoicing and handling of cash
- Performing other related duties as required
- Some positions will involve working a rotating schedule, after hours work, nights and weekend duty, and/or the requirement to work on a statutory holiday
- Candidates must be 2nd or 3rd year DVM students (First year DVM students may be eligible for clinical positions if exceptional experience can be demonstrated)
- Previous clinical experience preferred
- Good oral communications skills are required.
*** PLEASE INDICATE A PREFERENCE OF
LARGE ANIMAL OR SMALL ANIMAL ***
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.