Creative Head Counsellor - Panther Academy - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
June 15 – September 5, 2022
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires a Head Counsellor for the Panther Academy Summer Camps to be responsible for and lead all Creative & Artistic camp offerings.
Under the guidance of the Coordinator of Sales & Panther Academy, the successful candidate will:
- Develop the Creative & Artistic camps curriculum
- Provide mentoring to new staff and support during staff training
- Conduct themselves and their work in an enjoyable, presentable, and professional manner
- Have effective behavioral skills and be prepared to deal with various behavioral issues
- Perform duties without direct supervision
- Be responsible for submitting daily reports to the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy and performing other duties as required
- Previous experience working with children or working in a camp setting (a background in fine arts, design, dance, and drama would be considered an asset)
- Developing or leading educational programming for children and knowledge of gym/outdoor games and activities; ability to communicate and be assertive
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly, and courteous personality
- Ability to relate positively to staff, campers, and parents
- Adapt easily to unexpected circumstances and additional duties
- At least one year of post-secondary education is required along with a Criminal Record Check upon hiring
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.