Registered Nurse - Applied Human Sciences (Grant Funded)
$37.27 per hour plus 4% Vacation Pay as per CUPE 1870 (Off Scale) (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible until June 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Aging, Community Health and Research Unit (ACHRU) located at McMaster University is working in partnership with the University of Prince Edward Island to conduct a research study. The research study is being conducted to further assess the ACHRU’s Community Partnership Program (CPP) in diverse primary care and community settings, with diverse populations and across jurisdictions, and plan for scale-up. The CPP is a 6-month self-management intervention for older adults with diabetes and other chronic conditions and their family/friend caregivers that integrates primary, home and community care to improve Quadruple Aim outcomes: 1) population health, 2) patient/caregiver experience, 3) provider experience, and 4) cost.
The Registered Nurse will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to deliver care as a part of the intervention for the research study.
• Conducting home visits with patients
• Participating and facilitating group discussions at monthly Group Wellness Sessions
• Participating in case conference meetings with the intervention team to discuss study participants and develop a common plan of care
• Participating in research meetings with the intervention team and the study’s researchers
• Provide support for caregivers
• Collaborate with the primary care team as needed
• Facilitate linkages to other primary health care, specialists and community care services by providing patients with information and offering strategies to build community partnerships
• Must have a degree in Nursing from a recognized School of Nursing
• Must be registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
• Ability to work in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to travel on island for home visits and group wellness sessions
• Experience working with individuals with diabetes or multiple chronic conditions considered an asset.
• Provide proof of recent criminal record check
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.