Receptionist - Human Resources Department
July 2019 – July 2020
The Human Resources Department is seeking an energetic and motivated person to join its team. This position is the face of the Human Resource department and so the ideal candidate needs to be a confident, friendly individual with strong customer service skills.
Under the general supervision of the the Manager of Human Resources and the Associate Vice-President, Human Resources and Legal, the successful person will:
• Provide general administrative support to the staff within the department
• Assist with the recruitment process
• Provide reception duties
• Answer routine enquiries
• Process incoming/outgoing mail
• Maintain and order office supplies
• Book appointments
• Schedule meetings
• Photo copying and filing
• Assist with Website updates
• Process Employee Tuition Waiver programs
• Other duties as required
• Grade 12 graduation and successful completion of a post-secondary program from a recognized educational institution in a related office studies program with one year related experience; an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
• Comprehensive knowledge and skills in word processing, electronic information systems, spreadsheet and presentations applications
• Excellent knowledge of grammar and composition
• Accuracy; attention to detail
• Clear understanding of the importance of discretion and confidentiality
• Effective communication skills (verbal and in writing)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
• Have or can quickly acquire knowledge of UPEI and its policies and procedures
• Training and/or experience in Human Resources would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.