EAP Instructors - Spring/Summer Program - Work Integrated Learning & English Language Centre *Amended*
May 6 to August 23, 2019 with a possible extension into the fall 2019 and winter 2020 semesters (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI English Academic Preparation Program is seeking qualified individuals to teach in its short-term customized programs and within the general undergraduate EAP program during the spring and summer sessions. Information about all English language programs is available at http://www.upei.ca/studentlife/english-academic-preparation
• Teaching ESL/EAL and academic English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening) from high beginner to advanced proficiency level
• Formative and summative evaluation
• Curriculum development & lesson planning
• Curriculum evaluation and revision
• Participation in staff meetings
• Work late afternoon or evenings for some courses
• Hold office hours to provide student assistance
• Participation and organization of extra-curricular events
• Facilitation of some special events and/or workshops
• Upholding the policies and regulations of the EAP program
• Other duties as assigned by the Coordinators
• Bachelor of Education
• Master’s degree in Education, Teaching English as a Second Language, or a related field is an asset
• Adult ESL teaching experience in combination with a relevant degree
• Proven excellent English proficiency (oral and written)
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.