ADS Level 6 - Accounts Payable Clerk - Financial Services
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the University is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide timely and efficient office related support services in the Accounts Payable unit of Financial Services.
• Process electronic supplier invoices for payment including payments to international suppliers through wire transfers, US cheques, or bank drafts
• Good understanding of rules for withholding tax and T4A-NR purposes
• Sound knowledge in CBSA regulations and other custom obligations related to importation of goods and services
• Understand and apply appropriate HST provisions including rebates, input tax credits and self-assessment
• Process travel and expense claims
• Verify information for accuracy and follow up on incomplete documentation
• Reconcile internal and external accounts and documentation on a regular basis
• Address inquiries from departments, suppliers and others both verbally and in writing in a timely manner
• Process and file electronic invoices and other documents.
• Sound knowledge of departmental and University regulations and policies
• Other duties as required
• Successful completion of a two year business administration or accounting program
• Minimum of 3 years accounts payable experience, preferably in a University or similar setting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Detailed knowledge of, and experience working with, computerized accounting systems and Excel
• Knowledge on Tax laws and regulations
• Knowledge of Customs, CBSA and government guidelines
• Ability to work well under pressure and efficiently manage time to meet given deadlines
• Ability to work with limited supervision
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.